Thursday, November 28, 2013

Obsession

Why is it that
You are in there,
Crawling around in
My thoughts?

Why is it that
I lie awake at night
Just thinking about
You?

Why is it that
I can remember
Every single word of
Every single conversation?

Why is it that
I daydream about you
Every single moment
You are not around?

Why do your words
Make me react so,
Sending waves of emotion
To flood my face?

Why do I see you in such a high light
While everyone else wavers
Under
You?

Why can the very thought of
You drive me insane
A ticking bomb about to burst
You being the gasoline that fuels my desire?

Why can your very way of being
Make my heart flutter,
The butterflies in my stomach
Finding a safe haven in there?

Why can the simplest gesture
Make me feel like I downed a glass of wine
Giving me a greedy craving for
More?

Why don't you ever leave my side,
Insisting on catching me when
I
Fall?

When will you see the monster,
Tho one that hides within me,
The one I have tried so hard to tame
When I'm around you?

Why can't you see that
I'm not good,
Persisting on treating me with
Such goodness in your action
With such kindness in your words?

Why do you care so much for
Me?
Treating me differently from
The rest?

Why are you the only one
I can always trust
The only one I can always count on
To be right there next to me in
My times of need?

Why are you my obsession?

No comments:

Post a Comment